|Industry||Logistics and Supply Chain|
|Job Title||Internal Branch Manager|
|Company's Business||Contract Logistics/ SCM, Projects & Events, Land transport, Airfreight, and Ocean freight|
|Working Locations||Japan, Tokyo|
The client is in the logistics and supply chain support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management.
- Responsible for total branch performance in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Manages the tactical activities for branch area of assignment related to marketing, finance, logistics and operations to ensure successful revenue, productivity, and profitability levels.
- Oversees workforce planning and development for the branch to ensure employee capability and performance align with the company's overall business needs.
- Ensures compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.
- Create and execute the branch business plan
- Ensure branch profitability and manage and develop branch personnel.
- Plan, implement and manage areas of responsibility to facilitate continuous improvement
- Provide sound leadership for the branch as well as any satellite offices that fall under the branch’s responsibility (if applicable)
- Establish relationships with key customers
- Responsibility for the branch’s budget and achievement of branch-specific KPI
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Business level English (Speaking, Writing & Reading)
- Able to work in a fast-paced and high pressured environment
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of international trade/customs brokerage / accounting
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Japanese language skills favourable but not mandatory
Experiences and Qualifications
- Freight forwarding or Logistics background
- Leadership experience