|Industry||Logistics and Supply Chain|
|Job Title||Logistics Engineer|
|Company's Business||Contract Logistics/ SCM, Projects & Events, Land transport, Airfreight, and Ocean freight|
|Working Locations||Japan, Tokyo|
The client is in the logistics and supply chain support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management.
This role is responsible for Logistics Operations and Engineering projects supporting key Supply Chain Accounts and new business opportunities as applicable. This will include but not limited to Operations Warehouse Logistics Solutions, metrics/productivity improvement, process mapping, Facility and storage layout designs 2D/3D, resource determinations/validations and other industrial engineering based activities. You will work closely with key stakeholders both internal and external to attain the project results and objective within the agreed timeframe. Responsible for managing assigned Re-engineering solution projects for company's existing and potential Customers / Operations.
- Mentor key operations into development of continuous improvement/engineering activities for the generation of business improvement, productivity, service and/or profit maximization
- Institute standards in regards to the measurement, monitoring and controlling of productivity targets and initiatives within the country.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand the requirements, communicate data requirements and methodology. Responsible for documentation and reporting of project status, key milestone reports/analysis and recommendations
- Responsible for project deliverables and presentation of results and recommendations to stakeholders
Continuous operations improvement and re-engineering
- Analyze and document processes, workflows, position responsibilities and system flows in conjunction with physical supply chain, identify tactical recommendations
- Identify innovative opportunities that generate efficiencies, design new processes and direct pilot tests. Assess impact of designed processes, impact to warehouse design, technologies needed, impact to customer etc.
- Analyze contractual commitments, specifications, performance and other data to plan and develop logistics activities by using knowledge of industrial engineering, ergonomics, business practices & requirements
Engineering Process and Methods Development
- Develop overall Industrial Engineering methodology for project engagement
- Development and documentation of key process steps, approach and deliverables.
- Identify IE Methods and Statistical Techniques (i.e., work measurement) that can be used in the operations review and re-engineering of processes.
- Develop detailed approaches for undergoing above Methods and Techniques. Create templates for data collections, specify analysis details and define the deliverables for each of them.
Infrastructure Design, Capacity and Productivity
- Review the current lay-out and perform warehouse re-design as needed taking into consideration of net impact
- Review appropriate storage types and methodologies
- Use variety of tools like AutoCAD, 3D modeling designs in Sketch Up, predict and/or improve logistics operations, warehouse lay-out and processes
- Conduct Time studies and work measurement analysis to determine the current productivity and cycle times.
- Review the usage of appropriate MHE in relation to product specification, operations requirement and Lay-out
- Identify potential improvement opportunities and setting the productivity standards for the operations for ramp-up/ramp down scenario.
Analysis and Support
- Conduct Financial impact (cost benefit) analysis for proposed initiatives, quantify savings projection and together with intangible benefits
- Assess the impact of changes and project against commercial offers to assess areas of further substantiation or profit improvement
- Support Operational Excellence/FLEX/Lean corporate initiatives and programs
- Offer support and advice to the Innovations team in the development of standardized solutions/tools to support general Logistics/Industrial Engineering programs
- Apply, implement and train staff on the use and interpretation of such tools/methodologies
Experiences and Qualifications
- Over 3 - 5 years of similar experience in Logistics Solutions, Industrial Engineering and/or in Logistics Operations management in warehouse/transport
- Must have experience in or exposure to logistics operations in order to develop operationally feasible solutions
- Should be an advanced/experienced user of tools such as AutoCAD, Arena, CLASS, MS Excel/Access, Decision Tools, Minitab to perform complex data analysis
- Must have good exposure to some of the following topics: storage mediums, material handling equipment, space analysis, productivity and resource analysis, inventory/SKU analysis, operational key performance indicators, continuous improvement initiatives, transportation methods, packaging, VAS operations, costing
- Should have experience with process flow diagrams, time studies, methods/work study and/or other performance analysis methodologies
- Lean/Six Sigma/TQM experience and qualifications an advantage
- Should be proficient in PowerPoint and have experience with customer presentations / public speaking
- Written and spoken English (Multilingual/Asian Languages an advantage)
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Team player
- Postgraduate degree/s in Industrial Engineering and/or Supply Chain Management an advantage