|Industry||Hospital & Health Care|
|Job Title||HR Manager|
|Company's Business||international healthcare, medical assistance, security services, duty of care, travel, security, medical, risk, mobility, crisis, assistance, health, outsource, care, pandemic, evacuation, safety, expats, and concierge|
The client is in the hospital and healthcare industry who specializes in innovative technology and medical expertise to focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery.
Oversee the activities concerned with the recruiting and hiring of staff for the various roles in the organization in coordination with the Tricare Operations team, and in-country Human Resources teams with primary responsibility for recruitment in Tricare locations without in-country Human Resources teams. Oversee the immigration process with in-country Human Resources teams to ensure that intra-company transfers are enabled to transfer required skill-sets throughout the organization.
With HR Director, Tricare, and in collaboration with in-country Human Resources teams, establish compensation programs that ensure competitive and equitable remuneration for all staff to enable the organization to attract and retain highly qualified. Work with in-country Human Resources teams to survey the local labor markets and make recommendations concerning annual salary budget adjustments in order to maintain competitive position. Direct the annual salary review process. Establish the pay rates for newly-created positions in the organization. Ensure that there is market competitiveness and internal equity in pay practices.
With HR Director Tricare, and in collaboration with in-country Human Resources teams, ensure benefits and quality of work life programs for employees that attract and retain high-quality staff, and that are competitive in the industry and appropriate for the business model. Develop and implement an Employee Wellness program that encourages healthy lifestyle choices.
- Ensure that a positive employee relations climate is maintained through the promulgation and enforcement of employee policies. Develop requirements for documentation of all employee disciplinary actions and ensure compliance across the Tricare region.
- Counsel employees and members of management on employee relations issues. Review and approve serious employee disciplinary matters or investigations. Review and approve all requests for involuntary employee terminations.
- Design and manage the process for redundancy-based employee reductions. Manage the annual employee performance review process.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements as they pertain to fair employment practices. Manage the interface with external employment counsel when necessary.
- Manage the execution of the periodic employee opinion survey including follow-on activities and employee feedback sessions.
Training and Development
- With HR Director, Tricare, and in collaboration with in-country Human Resources teams, design and institute the eLearning strategy for management development within the organization. Oversee classroom training for management as required. Develop other interventions as necessary to meet the needs of cultural change and team development.
- Work within and promote all Tricare policies, procedures and corporate values.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
- All employees are responsible for ensuring compliance with all EEO and OH&S requirements and keeping the workplace safe, free of harassment, discrimination, bullying and hazard free at all times.
General Administration and Real Estate
- Assess space needs due to projected headcount growth. Ensure fairness in the management and disposition of space when necessary.
- Participate and be the POC on the Group’s OH&S policies, practices and procedures and actively participate in the ongoing development and enhancement of these important areas of our business.
- Oversee all general administrative duties related to the Tricare team by working with Tricare admins
- Undertake project work or reasonable duties as requested by the direct Manager.
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Strong track record in recruiting, retaining, growing and mentoring excellent staff.
- Networking skills, ability to collaborate, co-operate and network effectively within a demanding and culturally diverse matrix organization.
- Autonomous and operational and is a “doer”, hands-on leader who likes to roll the sleeves up and get things done
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-changing, complex, unstructured and flat environment and hierarchy.
- Results driven, with a high passion for people, drive and motivation.
- Strong analytical problem solving, decision making and financial acumen.
- Strong understanding of local legislative and labour requirements in Japan
Required Work Experience
- At least 10 years experience in Human Resources Management with a working knowledge of all functional areas within Human Resources
- Directly led and managed Human Resources in Japan
- At least 3 years in a regional role in Asia overseeing a few markets outside Japan and partnering with country HR Teams.
- Experience of working in a complex, multicultural, highly matrixed international organization.
- International exposure and experience of working and living overseas would be an advantage.
- Strong service orientation.
- Proven hands-on capabilities in employee/industrial relations, with a firm grasp of employment law/practices across the Asia Pacific region and particularly in Japan.
- Ability to be effective both strategically and at a hands-on, operational level. A doer.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with a very diverse employee population.
Required Qualifications, Travel Requirements and Language
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's degree or professional certification in Human Resources preferred
- Native level Japanese and Fluent in English
Office / Travel/Rotation Requirements (Brief description of any travel or rotation requirements)
- Occasional travel to Tricare locations in Asia Pacific
- This role is based in Tokyo but may work flexibly and remotely from time to time; alternating between our Tokyo office and remotely.