|Industry||Logistics and Supply Chain|
|Job Title||Internal Head of Route Development Management|
|Company's Business||Contract Logistics/ SCM, Projects & Events, Land transport, Airfreight, and Ocean freight|
|Working Locations||Japan, Tokyo|
The client is in the logistics and supply chain support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management.
Manage and responsible for the team to set up and identify, investigate, develop and evaluate new business development opportunities within a defined route to meet the budget for both inbound and outbound of Japan for new and established customers that fit and complement company objectives and plans regionally.
- Manage the sales forces to achieve target and ensure the utmost in the client satisfaction.
- Responsible and follow up for the team’s performance to exceed the budget and required KPI.
- Create written strategic action plans for customer management and expansion
- Manage RFP/RFQ process to include solution design concepts, deadlines, supply added information, presentation and process/status for assigned customers.
- Demonstrate and drive a team to visit sufficient number of customers and maintain up-to-date customer profiles in CRM system.
- Drive team to develop and implement an effective sales and marketing strategy for the defined routes.
- Lead and develop teamwork culture, motivate team spirit and maintain high morale of staff to increase productivity, maintain good communications with all customers.
- Establish customer contact and rapport to maintain awareness of customer's business objectives in conjunction with ongoing account maintenance. Interact with Global and Field Sales teams to create and opportunities/solutions for new or existing customers
- Utilize market’s knowledge to develop additional or new opportunities for defined route.
- Responsible for maintaining solid sales growth as well as supporting local sales staff in Japan and network countries.
- Improve the quality to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with operation teams to ensure operation efficiency to fit customer’s requirements and growth for the defined routes.
- Adhere sales manual and provide necessary training to grow sales representatives.
- Set up the workshop related to the defined route of the team.
- Other tasks where necessary to grow the defined routes of the team.
- Good understanding of air, ocean and contract logistics business and experience is required.
- Good understanding of defined countries of the team.
- Leadership, inter-personal, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a team-based environment, and to manage the change.
Experiences and Qualifications
- University graduate
- 6 years or above experience in this industry and at least 2 years managerial experience with good channel and major account success.
- Good business communication skill with both English and Japanese.
- Above M2 of HR Grade