|Industry||Hospital & Health Care|
|Job Title||Translations Clinical Quality Auditor|
|Company's Business||international healthcare, medical assistance, security services, duty of care, travel, security, medical, risk, mobility, crisis, assistance, health, outsource, care, pandemic, evacuation, safety, expats, and concierge|
|Working Locations||Tokyo Japan|
The client is in the hospital and healthcare industry who specializes in innovative technology and medical expertise to focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery.
- Perform Auditing (aka Language Quality Assurance) of translations completed by translation vendors. This involves reviewing samples of translated medical reports for accuracy and completeness with focus on Clinical Quality, completing the LQA template with detailed feedback, identifying error categories, scoring the sample translations, and provding feedback to the translation vendor.
- As part of the Translations Quality Assurance and Quality Monitoring program, Proofread and Edit select completed translations of medical documents delivered by the translation vendors.
- Monitor translation vendor’s quality performance and trends and collaborate with the Translations Vendor Manager to ensure that the translation vendors meet or exceed quality targets. Work with translation vendor partners to drive root-cause analysis when needed, improvement action plans, and continuous quality improvement. Identify and recommend improvements in process to minimize or remove errors.
- Work with the Quality Management team as needed to assist with investigating potential quality incident reported by the client for the translation deliverables.
- Create and translate glossaries of medical terminology from source language into US English. Work with in-country medical staff to review and finalize translated glossaries. Share translated glossaries with translation vendors and ensure consistent utilization of translated glossary by the translation vendor via the Auditing and Review processes.
- Create Linguistic Style Guides for translation vendor to follow. Ensure compliance with style guide instructions via the Auditing and Reviewing processes.
- Translate medical documents as/when needed.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Native Fluency in both languages to enable translations from one language to another.
- Experience in designated languages of the linguistic rules relating to word meanings, sentence structure, idioms, grammar, and punctuation.
- Expertise in Linguistic Assets; Broad medical vocabulary in languages
- Familiarity with MS Excel, CAT tools, Translation Mgmt System (a plus), OCR (a plus)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, tight timelines, and shifting priorities
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently
- Driven and willingness to learn
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years of life sciences translation experience; medical records translation experience desirable.
- 2+ years of Translation Audit / Language Quality Assurance
- Healthcare experience desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Translations, Linguistics, Language Studies, or related field.
- Certification as a linguist.
- Certification in life sciences translations is a significant plus
- US English and host nation language
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Less than 10%